On January 1, 2021, the KOA (Remote Games of Chance) Act will come into effect. From then on, online casinos and bookmakers can apply for a license to offer online games of chance. The first licenses are expected to be issued by the Dutch government in July 2021. Why is it important for a bookmaker to receive a license from the Dutch Gaming Authority? And what will all change once we can gamble online legally? Read in this article what the pros or cons are.
Are you also interested in gaming portals? visit https://portalapostasesportivas.com.br/ for more details.
What’s going on now:
- Players are not protected in any way. For example, if a provider does not want to pay out or treats you unlawfully in any other way, you have no leg to stand on.
- There is little or no supervision of players who keep playing too much or too long or who exhibit other addictive behavior.
Things that are changing:
- Better prevention of gambling addiction among young people and vulnerable groups.
- If you run into problems because of gambling, you can unsubscribe via the CRUKS (Central Register of Unsubscribing Games of Chance). If you do this, you will not be able to play anywhere for 6 months, including the gambling hall or the Holland Casino.
- Online bookmakers and casinos transfer gambling tax on your winnings directly to the government.
- In case of disputes about, for example, a payout, you as a player can go to the Gaming Authority.
- You can set amounts in advance over your playing limits, so you won’t run into problems as quickly.
Better prevention policy for gambling addiction
As soon as legalization comes into force in the Netherlands, bookmakers will contribute to a fund that will offer more transparency when it comes to the number of gambling addicts in the Netherlands. According to research, 0.3% of casino players over the age of 16 would develop a gambling problem, or are already addicted to gambling. That equates to almost 40,000 players.
Gaming experience is better Legalizing
online casinos should improve the gaming experience. Hence, there are several ways to make it more fun for players. Do not pay tax yourself is an example. You can still play the same games or place sports bets as before, only with the advantage that the tax has already been passed on by the bookmaker himself.
Setting playing limits
Although more and more casinos have playing limits, the legalized casinos will always have these limits set by players before they can register an account. The player must specify exactly how much time he wants to spend betting on sports. Other playing limits include the maximum amount of money you can miss per day, week, or month. It makes you more aware of your gaming behavior and, according to research, it reduces the risk of gambling addiction.
When sports betting is legal in the Netherlands, you can be sure that you are better protected. The bookmakers must adhere to the strict laws and regulations of the Gaming Authority. Many gambling companies have already shown interest in the Dutch license. It remains to be seen which providers will receive one. The website Bestecasinobonussen.nl regularly reports on the state of affairs regarding the legalization of online gambling.